A bit of a “pigs ear” was made of the play this time. Perhaps it was the thundery weather?
Let us re-iterate the drill when you take your seat at the table:
1. CHECK THE BOARD NUMBERS TALLY WITH THE TABLE CARD FOR YOUR ROUND before you start playing!
2. CHECK YOUR NUMBER ON THE CARD TO SEE IF YOU ARE N-S or E-W!
3. NORTH, CHECK THE SCORE IS ENTERED CORRECTLY ON THE TRAVELLER and not the wrong way round!
4. EAST, CHECK NORTH HAS ENTERED THE DETAILS CORRECTLY ON THE TRAVELLER!
5. NORTH MAKE SURE THE CONTRACT IS FULLY ENTERED ON THE TRAVELLER (e.g. 2NT+2, by E, 10 tricks, 180 points in the E-W column!
6. EAST CHECK NORTH’S ENTRY!
5. WHEN YOU MOVE GO WHERE THE TABLE CARD TELLS YOU – don’t follow Janet & John all night – if they make a mistake you also are going to propagate their mistake!
Cooper & Phil Roberts
Worlock & Sheila Kempster
Irwin & Eunice Hillage
Jackson & Joyce Heath
Stellig & Sylvia Charles
Coppock & Jean Cahill
Taylor & Stella Taylor
Godden & Bill Cooper
Bayfield & Di Hillage
Clink links below to see details:
Week by weeks scores and Pair cumulative averages:
Week by week scores and Individual cumulative averages:
Boards 1-3: Pair3 played N-S instead of Pair2
Boards 4-6: Pair4 played N-S instead of Pair3
Boards 7-9: Pair5 played N-S instead of Pair4
These boards have been declared invalid and not counted in the results. This means the averages are still fair and accurate.
Also pairs 3 and 1 incorrectly played boards 7-9. Since these boards have already been declared invalid there will be no penalty levied on them.
However, This means that Pr 3 versus Pair 1 on boards 10-12 did not happen, which results in fractional points scores on those boards.