|1||4||John Taylor & Stella Taylor||100.25||20||62.66|
|2||9||Mike Crossley & Kirsty Wells||96.75||20||60.47|
|3||7||Sheila Kempster & Dee Worlock||89.25||20||55.78|
|4||5||Mickie Hall & Tim Hall||89||20||55.63|
|5||2||Alan Bayfield & Phil Roberts||85||20||53.13|
|6||1||Ron Coppock & Lincoln Waller||80||20||50.00|
|7||10||Annie Mitchell & Paul Mitchell||75||20||46.88|
|8||3||Amanda Brown & Russell Shipley||73||20||45.63|
|9||12||Joyce Heath & Rowland Stellig||69||20||43.13|
|10||8||Eleanor Baxter & Sylvia Charles||63.75||20||39.84|
|11||6||Bill Cooper & Huw Griffiths||39||20||24.38|
- Pair 3 fined 2 points: Erroneously played board 21 and 22 in round 2 and had advantage of having seen the cards.
- Pair 2 awarded 2 points: Opponents had seen the cards before due to erroneously playing board 21 and 22 in round 2.
- Pair 6 fined 2 points: Erroneously played board 21 and 22 in round 2 and had advantage of having seen the cards.
- Pair 1 awarded 2 points: Opponents had seen the cards before due to erroneously playing board 21 and 22 in round 2.
- Pair 6 fined 2 points: Pair 6 erroneously played as E-W on boards 21 and 22.
- Pair 1 fined 2 points: Pair 1 erroneously played as N-S on boards 21 and 22.
As you can see from the above notes, insufficient care was taken by some this week to check their table positions and the boards they should have played. On this occasion they have been fined as above to ensure fair play to all pairs. In addition they were awarded zero points on boards that they didn’t play because of their error, to ensure that their average was calculated over the full set of boards in play.
Members are reminded that the protocol is that North should ensure that he/she is in the correct position at the correct table; that they are playing the correct E-W pair; and that the correct boards are on the table with the arrow on the board pointing to North. East’s duty is to check the same details and correct any errors found.
The Committee will consider whether it is reasonable to introduce a rule whereby an automatic punitive penalty of 5 match points for both pairs is applied when the wrong boards are played, in addition to any other adjustments deemed necessary to ensure fair play for the other pairs in the match.
For Pair Scores table, please click link below:
For Individual Scores table, please click link below:
For score cards please click the link below: